Digital Dental X-Rays vs. Traditional X-Rays
Our dental office only uses digital x-rays, and that’s because they have a number of advantages over the traditional method:
- Digital x-rays are instantly ready to see on a chairside computer monitor, cutting down the length of your appointment.
- They are much more comfortable to get than with film. No more gagging or that “digging into your gums” feeling.
- Digital x-rays emit 80- 90% LESS radiation than a traditional machine.
- They provide an increased size and clarity which allows our patients to see exactly what Dr. Asinmaz or their hygienist sees and why they might recommend certain treatments.
- They can be duplicated and sent instantly.
- They are environmentally friendly since we no longer have to use chemicals to process the images.
We understand that patients have many questions about dental x-rays. Accordingly, we have devoted an entire page to the subject. Learn more about dental x-rays here.