Implant Dentures – West Palm Beach, FL
Lock Your Denture into Place
One of the biggest complaints from denture wearers is that they worry about their prosthetic falling out while they are eating or speaking. While you could always use adhesives, wouldn’t you rather be able to lock your denture into place without the mess? Implant dentures let you do just that! Dr. Mihran Asinmaz can secure your replacement teeth onto dental implants, making them just as functional and lifelike as your natural pearly whites. If you’re ready to toss your uncomfortable and unreliable dentures, please give our dental office a call today to schedule a consultation for implant dentures in West Palm Beach, FL.
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures are secured onto small titanium rods called dental implants, which are positioned in the jawbone to take the place of the roots of your missing teeth. The implants give your prosthetic unmatched stability compared to traditional dentures that simply rest on the gums.
Based on your circumstances, Dr. Asinmaz may recommend one of two main categories of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
Sometimes called hybrid prosthetics, fixed implant dentures are permanently secured to the implants that support them. Only a dental professional can detach them. Typically, it takes between four and eight implants to provide enough support for a permanent implant denture.
Removable Implant Dentures
An implant denture can also be designed so that a patient can take it out on their own at any time. Also known as overdentures, removable implant dentures tend to not require as many implants for support; usually, between two and five are enough.
The Implant Denture Process
As a highly trained implant dentist in West Palm Beach, Dr. Asinmaz can handle every step of the implant denture treatment right here in our office. The details may vary, but the process usually includes:
- An initial consultation wherein Dr. Asinmaz plans out your treatment.
- Performing any necessary preparatory work.
- Surgically placing the implant posts into your jawbone.
- Waiting up to six months for your jawbone to grow around the implants.
- Placing the attachments atop your implants that will secure your prosthetic into place.
- Designing and attaching your final denture.
Although getting implant dentures takes much longer than receiving conventional ones, the long-term benefits are well worth the wait!
Am I a Good Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Chances are that as long as you’re in fair oral and overall health, you’re a good candidate for dental implants in West Palm Beach. Ideally, you should also be dedicated to maintaining daily oral hygiene after getting your implants, and you should have a strong enough jawbone to support the posts. The majority of adults who would like implant dentures are able to receive them, even if they need one or more preliminary procedures first.
Benefits of Combining Dentures with Dental Implants
Implant dentures are an improvement over traditional dentures in nearly every way. Some of the benefits of implant dentures are:
- You’ll never have to worry about your teeth shifting around or falling out of your mouth.
- No longer will you need to rely on messy, uncomfortable adhesives.
- The stability of implant dentures enhances chewing, leading to a more varied diet and better absorption of nutrients.
- The implants stimulate your jawbone through biting and chewing, keeping your jawbone strong enough to support your facial features and retain a youthful appearance.
- Your smile will look and feel incredibly natural.
- Implant dentures can last for 30+ years on average, saving you a great deal of money in the long term compared to regular dentures.