Nervous About Visiting the Dentist? Sedation Dentistry Can Help!
Sedation dentistry has changed the way patients walk into our dental office, allowing them to have the peace of mind that they won’t feel any discomfort and that they’ll be taken care of in every way possible.
Sedation dentistry can help patients overcome their dental anxiety and relax through routine to complex dental treatments. To find out how sedation dentistry may benefit your needs, call Dr. Asinmaz at (561) 640–9200 to discover if it may be right for you.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is trusted by dentists nationwide as a reliable method to administer a controlled amount of sedative medicine to create a calm and relaxing dental experience for anxious patients.
If You Have Dental Phobia, We Can Help.
Do you put off making appointments to see the dentist because of fear or nerves? Dental phobia is one of the biggest reasons why many people avoid going to the dentist, even if they struggle with a toothache or dental pain. With sedation dentistry, Dr. Asinmaz can restore your optimal dental health in a comfortable way so that you can feel good again in your smile once again.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right For Me?
Every patient deserves to have special attention paid to both their unique needs and comfort level. At your consultation, Dr. Asinmaz can walk you through your sedation options and provide you information so that you can take the best next step forward in your dental health.
Our sedation options include:
- Also known as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is safely administered through a small nasal mask to reduce your anxiety during dental treatments and gently dull the senses to reduce any perception of pain. It’s very fast acting: just minutes after inhaling, you will feel noticeably calmer.
- Nitrous oxide is also fast-leaving: it wears off rapidly after treatment without any lingering effects. This means you will not need to ask a friend or loved one to drive you to and from the office!
Oral Conscious Sedation
- Oral conscious sedation works by way of administering anti-anxiety medications in the form of a pill that is prescribed before your appointment. The exact type of medication will depend on your medical history.
- Taken about an hour before your procedure, it requires a friend or loved one to drive you to and from your appointment. Throughout your visit, you will remain conscious and completely aware of your surroundings in a very calm and relaxed state. Many patients find their experience to be anxiety free!
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry has proven to be safe, reliable, and effective. Before you come see us, consider the benefits of sedation dentistry:
- Provides relaxation for patients with dental anxiety or a fear of the dentist
- No injections are needed for nitrous oxide or oral conscious sedation
- It’s excellent for lengthy or complex dental treatments
- Calms a sensitive gag reflex or very sensitive teeth
- Can be used for patients who can’t get numb with regular anesthetic
We’re Here to Help
Call us today to discuss your options regarding the use of sedation dentistry to help provide you a safe and comfortable dental experience. We are here to help you feel confident and comfortable and ensure that every trip to the dentist is a positive, relaxing one!