Root Canal Therapy – West Palm Beach, FL
Relieve Toothaches & Save Smiles
Due to a combination of past bad experiences and/or urban myths, root canals have received the reputation of being an uncomfortable experience. The truth is that root canal therapy from our West Palm Beach, FL dentist do not hurt because the tooth is numbed before the procedure even begins. Many times, people are in pain prior to the treatment, which makes them think that the procedure itself must be quite painful. Fortunately, this is completely false!
Here are some important facts about root canal treatment:
- Your tooth will be numb, so you will not feel any pain
- It will actually help relieve your dental pain
- The other alternative to root canal treatment is to completely remove the tooth in question
- It allows the tooth to be saved without pain so that it can function normally again
Why would I need a root canal?
- The presence of a deep cavity has irreversibly damaged the nerve of the tooth and is causing severe pain
- An abscess (infection) at the root end of the tooth may or may not be causing pain
- A dead nerve is causing inflammation and swelling
- A cracked or broken tooth
- Trauma to the tooth (even if there’s not a visible crack or chip)
How long does a root canal take to complete?
Depending on the tooth, it may take one (most commonly) to two appointments to complete treatment. There are odd times where the complexity of the tooth or extent of infection requires additional appointments.
If you are currently dealing with severe dental pain, please know that a root canal is nothing to be afraid of. In many cases, it’s the exact way to get the relief you need. To make an appointment, please contact our dental office today.