Digital Impressions: Faster, Better, Easier
Did you know that traditional dental impressions with their signature “goop” feel now have a more efficient, accurate, and comfortable alternative? With digital impressions, you won’t have to worry about drool during a lengthy and awkward process because it’s entirely goop-free!
Do You Regret Making A Bad Impression?
If you’ve ever had to have traditional impression made, you probably recognized pretty quickly how uncomfortable it was to breathe, speak, or swallow while you waited for it to form. Some people with gagging issues even putt off having needed dental work because of them.
Let’s face it-goopy impressions just don’t feel right. They’re bulky, messy, and even with so many potent flavors to choose from, it can be difficult to convince yourself you’re enjoying your time. Traditional impressions are also prone to leaving wiggle room around the teeth (making them less accurate), and waiting for each impression to form can seem like it is taking forever!
Benefits of Our Digital Impression System
Digital impressions allow practitioners like myself to create a cutting-edge, highly accurate replica of the gums and teeth. Best of all, a digital scan takes just seconds to complete. Less time in the chair for you as a patient with the most accurate impression we can achieve and...no mess!
More benefits include:
- Better-fitting restorations are possible with the improved impression quality. Better fit means longer lasting restorations.
- No mess, which means less stress and less wait for the impression to form.
- Patients who have a sensitive gag reflex can relax. No gagging!
- For patients with dental anxiety, a digital image is far less stressful than a traditional impression.
- There won’t be a need to remake an impression. It's done right the first time.
- With a digital workflow, we can save these digital models for any future use. So lets say you chipped one of your front teeth. Since we have the file saved, we can replicate any restoration to the exact same dimensions.
- Digital models allow us to see the changes in your dentition over time. We can see problem areas that have changed or stayed the same and make decisions whether to intervene with treatment or monitor further.
- Patients can feel better educated about their dental health since their virtual impression can be observed on-screen in full color.
- Faster turn-around time for cases requiring laboratory work since the case is digitally transferred, allowing you to complete treatment quicker.
When it comes down to digital impressions versus traditional impressions there really isn't a debate. Digital impressions have revolutionized the way high-quality dentistry is being delivered and I am happy that I am one of the few providers that can offer this technology to my patients.
Will I Need A Dental Impression?
Dental impressions are the one of the most (if not the most) critical phases in delivering high quality restorative dentistry.
Because digital impressions are more effective, accurate, and comfortable than the traditional alternative, the technology has allowed me to provide better service in just one appointment and can provide solutions faster with greater accuracy.
Should you require a digital impression, I will give you a tour of your dental health, as the virtual image of your teeth can be easily reviewed in detail on our chairside screen.
It’s Time To Get Digital
When he’s not in the office providing patients with cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign, or general dentistry, Dr. Mihran Asinmaz is busy researching new ways to create happier, healthier patients. A routine dental exam doesn’t have to be “goopy” anymore!
Are you looking to have a comfortable experience at the dentist? Simple, just ask Dr. Asinmaz how his team incorporates digital dentistry to heighten their standards of care when you call the office at (561) 640-9200.