What is Teeth Whitening? Why do our teeth darken? There are many factors:
- Coffee, tea, red wine, and dark colas are commonly known to stain teeth. Think of it this way: if you are afraid that a beverage will stain your white tablecloth — it will also stain your teeth!
- Smoking. Just another reason to quit already!
- Excess fluoridation as a child
- Early/in-utero tetracycline use
- Dental trauma. When the nerve and blood vessels inside your teeth are damaged from trauma, the nerves can die, leaving a resulting dark color.
- Age. As we age the enamel (the top layer of our teeth) thins out and the secondary tooth layer (dentin) begins to show through with its characteristically yellow color.
- Dentinogenesis imperfecta is a rare genetic disorder where the all teeth appear blue-grey or yellow-brown
Before and After
This is an example of internal teeth whitening of a tooth that has a history of trauma. This patient fell on his front teeth when he was younger. Over time, the tooth darkened and he wanted a solution to make the tooth white again. The tooth was whitened from the inside to restore it to match the other teeth. This is a painless treatment that can be achieved in a few short visits.
Depending on the reason(s) why your teeth are not as white as you’d like them to be, we have the solution. We use two excellent teeth whitening systems in our West Palm Beach dental office to help our patients get the white teeth they want.
This system of teeth whitening involves making customized trays that you will wear at home. It is a perfect solution for whitening teeth that have stained and darkened as a result of the common beverages that stain teeth. Depending on the strength of the whitening prescription, you will wear these trays from 30 minutes to 2 hours a day for 7–10 days. You will notice a tremendous difference in the before and after shades. These trays can be reused for maintaining your new, whiter smile.
This breakthrough whitening system provides amazing results for teeth that previously could not be whitened. It is the only system recognized today that can whiten tetracycline stained teeth. This is the perfect system for those people who have tried to whiten their teeth in the past without getting the results they had expected because of the reason why their teeth were darker to begin with. The KoR system consists of custom made trays that are worn for 14 days at night, followed by a 2 hour in-office whitening appointment, and the custom trays can be reused for maintenance. It is the most amazing whitening system I have seen available today!