Needle-Free Sedation Dentistry in Palm Beach, Florida
Sedation dentistry has changed the way patients walk into the dental office feeling good about themselves and confident in their health.
Sedation dentistry helps patients overcome their dental anxiety and relax through routine to complex dental treatment. To find out how sedation dentistry may benefit your needs, call Dr. Asinmaz at (561) 640–9200 to discover if sedation dentistry may be right for you.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is trusted by dentists nationwide as a reliable method in administering a controlled amount of sedative medicine to create a calm experience at the dentist.
If You Have Dental Phobia, We Can Help.
Do you put off making appointments to see the dentist? Dental phobia is one of the biggest reasons why many people avoid going to the dentist, even if they struggle with a toothache or dental pain. Dr. Asinmaz will resolve to restoring your optimal dental health, comfortably, so you can feel good again in your smile.
Which Type of Dental Sedation Is Right For Me?
Every patient deserves to have the special attention to detail of their unique needs and comfort level. At your consultation for sedation dentistry, Dr. Asinmaz can walk you through your options and provide you the education to take the best next step forward in your dental health.
- Also known as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is safely administered to reduce your anxiety during dental treatment and gently dull the senses to reduce any perception of pain. It’s fast acting: just minutes after ingesting, you will be feel noticeably calmer.
- Nitrous Oxide is also fast-leaving: it wears off rapidly after treatment, without any lingering effects. This means you will not need to ask a friend or loved one to drive you to and from the office!
- Oral conscious sedation works by way of administering anti-anxiety medications in the form of a pill that are prescribed before your appointment. The exact type of medication will depend on your oral history.
- Taken about an hour before your procedure, it requires a friend or loved one to drive you to and from your appointment. Throughout your visit, you will remain conscious and completely aware of your surroundings in a very calm and relaxed state. Many patients find their experience to be anxiety free!
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is proven to be safe, reliable and effective. Before you see the dentist, consider the benefits of sedation dentistry:
- Provides relaxation for patients with dental anxiety or a fear of the dentist
- Is needle-free dentistry when you choose nitrous or oral sedation
- Is preferable for lengthy or complex dental treatments
- Calms a sensitive gag reflex or very sensitive teeth
- Can be used for patients who can’t get numb with regular anesthetic
Your Family Dentist in Palm Beach, Florida
Call us today to discuss your options regarding the use of oral sedation or nitrous oxide to help provide you a safe and comfortable dental experience. We are here to help you feel confident and comfortable and ensure that every trip to the dentist is a positive, relaxing one!